philosophy at age eight


“If you cannot control your peanut butter, you cannot expect to control your life.”
~ Judah-ism

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Food to brighten my overcast day

My husband made me a beautiful bento box this morning; especially sweet because he's been so tired. We're doing upkeep on the house; door jams cemented, painting old cupboards, replacing light switches and deck stairs of abnormal dimensions [according to Home De(s)pot. Is 11 x 3 1/4th x 41" really an obscene amount of wood 'in this day and age'?]

So much for spring. Wind storms, white overcast, stormy mulch. All the flower petals I tread on walking to the bus in the morning used to adorn the trees over my head, but now are all beaten down. I hold hope for the (apparently) rugged Dogwood; they're still blooming, and holding on.

No comments: