philosophy at age eight


“If you cannot control your peanut butter, you cannot expect to control your life.”
~ Judah-ism

Thursday, August 11, 2011

possibly my last post as a free woman

So without an ounce of forethought or planning, I am embarking tomorrow on The Clipper cruise to Victoria, BC with my sister and her girlfriend, the reunion "girls gone mild" tour. I love Victoria, BC. Gorgeous and fun.

My sister and I drove to Victoria prior to 9/11 for a couple days of major laid back fun.  Then I went again, with Johnny this time, just after 9/11--at which time we received a funny slap on the wrist in a cute Canadian accent for our lack of appropriate ID. "What? We only needed our drivers license last time--what happened?!"

"Yeah, well, people weren't flying planes into building back then, eh?"
 Point. 


So today, I learn--far, far too late to do anything about it--that the US has only gotten more uptight about this than ever.  I just may not be able to re-enter the US when I am finished with my snappy little cruise: sure, silly, CANADA will let you across the border with a simple birth certificate, but the good ol' USA? Your home? Yeah, they probably won't let you back in.












What?
Watch me. That's right. I am taking a camera.  And I love my camera, so if they seize it, I am going to be so pissed off!  I am taking my vacation and there isn't a goddamned thing they can do about it. At best? They can catch my ass on the way back in. :P 


No comments: