philosophy at age eight


“If you cannot control your peanut butter, you cannot expect to control your life.”
~ Judah-ism

Friday, July 31, 2009

helping women succeed in the workplace

I had the opportunity yesterday at work to stand up and take a leadership role in the creation of a women's networking/mentoring group for the Seattle office. Though my company has many awards and recognition around Diversity efforts, these nationally driven efforts can apparently be neglected on a local level. The creation of this group has been something I've agitated for since I transferred from Los Angeles--where this network was stronger. I couldn't understand after my transfer why Seattle was lagging--we're tough chicks, sure, but that doesn't replace the affect of the good ol' boy network.

I am extremely excited to not only take a leadership role in which I would have some say in the direction the group takes--networking for mentors and educational panels vs. spa-days, pls thx--but also to see who around me was similarly inspired to take this on.

Opportunities, opportunities. :D

No comments: