philosophy at age eight


“If you cannot control your peanut butter, you cannot expect to control your life.”
~ Judah-ism

Sunday, July 12, 2009

shameless fangirl gushing

Yesterday I went to the local summer music/art street festival with my friend Mary. The festival itself was a fairly standard street fair--nothing has eclipsed the Sunset Strip Music festival in my experience yet. However, I got the most delicious shock while wandering the stalls.

We found the stall of one of my absolute favorite artists ever, Jenna Colby, whom Mary and I had been huge fans of since we saw her stuff debut in The Hive art gallery in Los Angeles, about 3 years ago. And she just happened to be there, at the festival--in person. I was so pleased to meet Jenna. I bought the pieces pictured here, and we chatted about some stuff I will post separately--because I don't want to eclipse here how awesome it was to meet Jenna in person. ;)

I already had a couple of her other pieces, purchased in LA and then through an artist collective here where I live in the Pacific Northwest. Am I the only one who finds it ironic that I discovered her stuff during the three years that I lived in Los Angeles, rather than before (or after) when I lived in the same place as she?

I love the atmosphere of her art. Visit her website--poke around, it's fun! She had a very eclectic variety of media, including sculptures and vases.

No comments: