philosophy at age eight


“If you cannot control your peanut butter, you cannot expect to control your life.”
~ Judah-ism

Friday, September 4, 2009

off to pax for the long weekend

On my way to PAX for the weekend. 3 days trailing my teenage geek-children, nights watching Jonathan Coulton in concert, dancing with more geeks and drinking too much at the hotel bar with friends and family (not the teenage ones).

If I survive the gobbs of fun *yawn*, I'll let you know.

For your listening pleasure, Jonathan Coulton:


Edited to say: Monday "morning", after PAX. Not only did I drink too much right before the Jonathan Coulton concert and had to run back to the hotel room to be sick and miserable before Paul and Storm even made it to the stage, but my camera was also stolen right out of my purse in the bar while I was busy drinking too much. So I have no pictures to share! (I mean, I do have a video of my lengthy and slightly boozy--yeah, we'll leave the description at that!--attempts to get my 14-year-old daughter to dance with me to the warm-up band... but I won't be sharing that.) How can I be in my 30's and still be learning my alcohol limit? Maybe starting in my mid- to late-20's had something to do with that.

That camera was my birthday present from my husband several years ago. I don't care if it was ancient, the picture quality kicked ass on a newer camera that I got. I'm picture-less, concert-less, clueless and pissed.

No comments: