philosophy at age eight


“If you cannot control your peanut butter, you cannot expect to control your life.”
~ Judah-ism

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

100th post

I am happy to publish my 100th blog post stating that I have survived hip surgery, and am anticipating--based on little other than real nice narcotics--a complete recovery. :) Though it's been less than a full week since the surgery and therefore I have to be quite careful, I have still noticed that I can flop my legs, bent at the knee, over to the right and to the left (oh so carefully).  I wasn't able to do this before the surgery, so I am excited.

I am currently scuttling around on crutches, and looking forward to moving on to a cane soon. I am in bed for the most part, but beginning to see the signs of stir-crazy. I have another week off work, and I've spent the last 5 days convalescing in my daughter's room, which is right next to the bathroom. My own bedroom is down a flight of steep stairs, which has--until today--been unassailable for me. I still don't look forward to tackling that in the middle of the night when in need of a bathroom break, so I think I'll be staying where I am right now.

Actually, I think I'd have a mutiny on my hands if I decided to move back into my own room.  Mae and John have been camping out on her floor since the surgery (John has been regulating my medication, etc., and insists on being next to me), which basically comes down to watching movies until 4 am and generally "camping out".  It's been a big spring-break, with Judah gone at my sister's house.

Better get back to bed, though.

No comments: