philosophy at age eight


“If you cannot control your peanut butter, you cannot expect to control your life.”
~ Judah-ism

Thursday, July 15, 2010

showin' up proud

I just heard that I will be receiving a letter of offer for the position in Sales & Marketing that I've been working toward for the last 3 months, as soon as I return from medical leave for my hip.  I am so happy about this job---I've been working hard to prove myself to the members of that group for 2+ years now, developing relationships and proving---the old fashioned way---that I am a great addition to the team.  It's such a great feeling when it finally pays off, after 4 years with the firm.

The firm I work for has such a high performance expectation that any promotion at all really means something. First you need to prove yourself to the recruiting officer down in Florida, who doesn't know you from Sam. Then 5 interviews with the local partners and the Director of the department... The competition is extremely sharp and well-educated, which I am not. Working up within a company that doesn't hire anyone without a degree, with no college education to call my own, can really make you question yourself.

Well, I'm done questioning. I'm going to blow their socks off, for the uneducated everywhere.  I got your back! ;D

No comments: