philosophy at age eight


“If you cannot control your peanut butter, you cannot expect to control your life.”
~ Judah-ism

Saturday, December 31, 2011

the jaunty knight

I commissioned my first piece of original art on Christmas this year.

My son Jude

This awesomely imaginative and spot-on piece was created by Betsey (link to her stuff to follow shortly). I've commissioned her to do one of each of us in the family, now.  I love how she caught his "flowing locks" (don't ask), his mis-matched swords he's never without, and his jaunty stance. At age 15, he still bitterly resents the fact that Heelies don't come in men's size 10, and will wear drag or a jester outfit on a public bus without batting an eyelash. 

4-year-old pic, but he hasn't changed a wit

Betsey's such a consumate artist -- you'll always find her with some form of a pen in hand, be in digital or analog. I even have a picture of her, intently drawing on the floor of a live concert (JoCo FTW).  I believe the picture eventually ended up on stage... 


That's all, folks.

Or, as Jude would say, "beeeawwwwh."

No comments: