philosophy at age eight


“If you cannot control your peanut butter, you cannot expect to control your life.”
~ Judah-ism

Thursday, July 16, 2009

friends of new orleans II

This is a break from my usual lettering-heavy theme, and its simplicity might explain why I don't do it that often. My 'drawing' skills just aren't there. I much more prefer using symbols/lettering/doodles to represent something. The final was adhered to a weathered board I found down at the beach by my house, like so:

hung with mardis gras beads:

Edited to say: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, the movie, was good but I was a little bit disappointed in the amount of time spent on the teeny-bop romance versus the adventure and suspense I expected from my experience reading this action-packed book. Definitely worth the missed sleep, but perhaps not the endless lines in tiny halls with no ventilation or air conditioning to speak of. >.< (The theatre had about a dozen screens sold out for the debut event, and there were people lined up since 6 pm. Apparently, my die-hard fandom, expressed by attending a midnight showing of a movie on a work-week, simply wasn't die-hard enough!)

No comments: