philosophy at age eight


“If you cannot control your peanut butter, you cannot expect to control your life.”
~ Judah-ism

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

recycling the love


I've begun my every-several-years-rewatch of one of my favorite series ever, Farscape. John and I have already seen the entire series twice (when it first aired, then again a few years later), and now I'm starting all over with my son, who just turned 13. When he hears the intro music, he tells me it makes him feel nostalgic; no surprise to me. ^_^ It's like his generation's Brady Bunch.

I have to say, I didn't notice all those risque bits before my impressionable, prudish son was watching beside me, but though he's already had a bad moment where he held his sadly shaking head in his hands, fists of hair pointing out like pigtails, I'd say we're in for a fun ride.

Frell, yeah.

Edited 10/26 to say: We finished it, finally, and my son says it's "Awesome". He had some episodes of rant about "inter-species love affairs", or "bestiality". Hm--really? I told him that's what they said until not too long ago about interracial couples, or to bring it closer to home, his grandparents.

Mayhap that'll be a civil rights fight of the future: inter-species love affairs. If we're so lucky as to reach the stars.

No comments: