- My entire family--and my sister's family who also went to the expo with us--got the swine flu from PAX. Everyone will live (though in the case of my brother-in-law, it's developed into pneumonia). Hail to the freak who failed to wash his hands (ewww) and then handled all the game controllers (the two 13-year-olds were hit the hardest).
- I obsessed on my single good find from PAX: Bejeweled. Which is why my son considers my geekhood to be a fail. HA. I'm not the one who infected the entire family with H1N1. *sniff*
- I helped John fix up a free lawnmower someone had put out by the road to give away. "Needs a little help." (Ok, ok, I fetched things and admired his muscles and fantastically long eyelashes. So sue me.) All those toasters he picked apart in pubescence continue to serve us very well.
- The biggest, hairiest spider invaded our studio and sent John into a fit. We overdid the Raid and I went to bed with a headache behind my eyes. I think when they designated it as "indoor", they did not take into account our rabid--and yes, hysterical--enthusiasm. Edited 10/26 to say: we now have a 'bigger' spider story. Meet the Giant House Spider. Non-poisonous and deeply terrifying. Try it fried in tempura for extra, extra protein hit.
- I took this picture of the moon one Friday morning (click for a larger view).
- Speaking of spiders, a new volcanic crater was found in Papua New Guinea, in which you can find such new species as fanged frogs, giant rats the size of cats and grunting fish; your basic proof of evolution. Yet the number of American's who believe in evolution hovers around... 40%. Which might explain why this fascinating story is not all over the regular news the way it deserves to be... they're afraid of pissing off the fundies.
- The first song on the album John is working on with his brothers is just about complete. He's finalizing the last mix down (as long as the spiders aren't out to play). I wish you could hear it, but that will have to wait.
- My daughter started her first year of high school. And dyed her hair blond, hot pink, blue and purple... in spots.
- I watched Obama gut his public option and water down his "health-care reform bill" to a health-insurance reform bill and was extremely, extremely disappointed. And even a little pissed off.
- I've started on my aforementioned art project for the bathroom. It will be joining several other projects I've been putting together, which I'll post in entirety later (lucky you).
- And in conclusion, John and I had an awesome date on Saturday. I won't bore you with the details. But I will say it's nice to be within walking distance of a restaurant with great food and great Scotch.
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
this last week in adhd
If you only read one, read #6. It's the most fascinating.