philosophy at age eight


“If you cannot control your peanut butter, you cannot expect to control your life.”
~ Judah-ism

Sunday, January 10, 2010

commuter's sunrise

Since moving to Seattle, I've enjoyed the most beautiful morning commute. I thought I'd share pieces of it, and at the same time, introduce my amazing holiday gift from John, Mr. Nikon COOLPIX *bows*.

And now, for his debut:

Here, I am on the bus wandering through West Seattle on my way to the West Seattle Bridge.




And here, the bus pulls onto the bridge, and you can see the Port of Seattle and behind it---beautiful downtown.




There is an actual sunrise/sunset feature on Mr. Nikon, which I felt took the best representation of one (that I've taken). No more of the flash bleaching it out, or the lack of flash making it a dark burnt blur. Here's some examples.


Good John. Good Mr. Nikon COOLPIX, who fits neatly and snugly in my purse for just such occasions. Good fellow bus commuters, who didn't bitch or moan about my early morning interruption of their normal, comatose ride. I am happy with the world right now. I'll post more about that, later.

No comments: