philosophy at age eight


“If you cannot control your peanut butter, you cannot expect to control your life.”
~ Judah-ism

Sunday, January 10, 2010

teen angst

Less than 24 hours before I am scheduled to undergo a cortisone shot in my hip joint (to help with the pain caused by the labral tear in my right hip from being hit by a truck last June), I find myself chasing my 3---I mean, 14-year-old daughter Mae through the park on the beach at dusk. Dodging dogs and joggers, neighbor folks and skateboarders, as she tries to lose me by darting up hills and down paths...

Who thought this little cutie would end up trying to do me in? Teenage angst, what did I do to deserve you?

~*~

"I'm full of music, huh?" --Mae, 5 years old

I had just undergone my first acupuncture treatment for the pain yesterday, and for the last 24 hours had definitely felt some relief. So much for that.

I am pretty nervous about tomorrow's cortisone shot. Reading different people's experiences with it last night was definitely a mistake. Not to mention, the arthrogram I underwent a week or so ago was pretty painful, and I humiliated myself by crying like a baby when the needle punched through the tender ring of (muscle? tendon? I don't even know) surrounding the joint. And this procedure is supposed to be basically the same thing... with a bigger needle.

Gah.

No comments: